If you are:
- interested in learning how to correctly interpret the Bible
- wondering whether you might have a gift for preaching
- already doing some preaching but want to be better at it
- just starting out as a preacher and want to develop your gift
- a seasoned preacher who would like a refresher course
then this course may be just what you need.
You will learn:
- how to correctly study and divide up a passage of Scripture
- how to- handle different types of Scripture
- how to construct a message that is faithful to the biblical text
- how to effectively preach and teach God’s Word
The three core elements of the course are
In this part of the course, you will study
Bible Overview – looking at each book of the Bible as individual books but also, importantly, how they contribute to the overall message of the Bible.
The Gospel – a detailed study of the book of Romans, alongside the biblical doctrines of mankind, sin and atonement.
Doctrines – exploring what the Bible teaches about God, Christ, The Holy Spirit, the Scriptures, and the Church.
The Pastoral Letters
Hermeneutics – the science and art of biblical interpretation; indispensable to every Bible reader and student who wants to read, not to mention teach, the Bible correctly and profitably.
Homiletics – the discipline of constructing faithful messages and sermons from the biblical text. A vital part of this part of the course is the opportunity to have one to one mentoring and feedback on your preaching and teaching.
In this part of the course we will look at various aspects that come together to shape the preacher – spiritual disciplines, leadership, study etc.
How it works
- There is a simple and quick registration process, with a form that can be downloaded from the link below.
- All course materials are uploaded to our virtual learning hub where they can be accessed and downloaded at your convenience.
- The course is structured in such a way that for every 1 hour of teaching material, you can expect to do 2 hours of personal study, research or completing assignments.
- Included in the course is a regular zoom conversation with your course tutor.
- The total cost for the course is £1,200, and can be paid on a subject by subject basis as you work through the course.
- Full details of the course modules are detailed below. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com
This course is designed, in the above format, to be taken online. It can also be taken onsite as and when the various elements of the course coincide with the College timetable. Please ask for more information.