Whether you’re going to go ‘to the ends of the earth’ with the good news of salvation, or just to the end of the street in which you live, you are going to be crossing cultures and will need to communicate appropriately. Our core Diploma in Applied Theology course, with the additional specialised emphasis on cross-cultural ministry, is, we believe, unique in Scotland and taught by those with considerable experience in this field.
Students will cover the course subjects of doctrine, Bible overview, spiritual disciplines, biblical interpretation, church history and communication skills etc, but will also spend time focussed on specific areas related to cross-cultural ministry.
As with all courses at EBC, your teachers and mentors will be gifted and experienced Christian leaders who are committed to the historic truths of the biblical faith and are passionate about investing in the lives of others in order to see them equipped for effective Christian service.
The course is structured so as to include a combination of classroom teaching and learning as well as opportunities to gain some experience in cross-cultural ministry.
Cross-Cultural Components include:
- Differences in worldview
- Worldview, the church and mission
- Cross-cultural conflict
- Communicating the gospel cross-culturally
- The biblical basis of mission
- The history of world mission
- Ministry placement in a cross-cultural situation
- is a two year course, taking up three full days a week
- costs £3,500 per year, which is at the lower end of comparative fees charged by similar colleges in UK